Sunday, December 05, 2010

Glade Creek Grist Mill - Babcock State Park

State Park Entrance
 On October 23rd, I decided to do something a little different and step out of my comfort zone and take my landscape photography to a much different place to say the least.

Glade Creek Grist Mill Waterfall
For the first time, I ended up doing what amounted to a 5 1/2 hour road trip, which started the night before and  would have me going all the way out to good ole West Virginia! 

Glade Creek Grist Mill Sunrise
I was hoping to still be able to capture the wonderful fall foilage, not knowing if there was much of anything still left hanging on the trees. 

The trip was well worth it, the colors of the area did not disappoint, they were just awesome!  I arrived before sunrise to find out later how the sun would be coming from behind to the side wall of the building.  Making the light for the area spreadout at just the right angle as it made it's way down into the valley stretching across the creek bed.

I would definitely like to plan coming back to the area and try to capture the different season's, and next fall, capture some more of the colors when they are at their peak!

Thanks for stopping by more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment